Acquisition of Assets or Shares
The types of proposals in this category, which should be notified to the Government, are as follows:
- Acquisitions of interests in an existing Australian business or corporation which is valued above, or the proposal values above the applicable monetary threshold. Acquisitions of interests may include:
- acquisitions of shares (including options and other instruments which may be converted to shares) representing a substantial interest in the corporation;
- acquisitions of assets resulting in control of the business; or
- any other type of arrangement which results in control of the business or corporation.
- Takeovers of offshore companies whose Australian subsidiaries or gross assets are valued above the applicable monetary threshold.
- Acquisition of shares in a company or trust that is considered an Urban Land Corporation or Trust, regardless of the value, and unless exempt.
- Proposals where any doubt exists as to whether they are notifiable.
This section also includes a section on Compliance Issues.